Green Building – Sustainable Materials For Home Construction or West End Clay Bricks?
There are prominent issues in the contemporary society especially those that tackle the massive impact of things in the environment. In the real estate industry, preferring technologies and systems that cater to the preservation of the environment is becoming a trend. One of the concerns prevalent today is on the use of sustainable materials for home construction.
There are innumerable criteria you can actually consider when talking about sustainable materials and how such items are qualified under this category.
One of the main properties that sustainable and green buildings must be eligible with is its less environment impact. West End Clay Bricks in Top since such real property entities account for many effects on the use of land, water and energy consumption as well as the alteration in the air and the atmosphere, buildings must primarily reduce its consumption of natural resources which are slowly depleting and eliminated without chances of renewal.
Sustainable materials are the ones that are recycled and reused in order to build or renovate homes and buildings. This way, you are not contributing to the exhaustion of the natural resources in order to answer the demands for new materials and items to use for construction and renovation of your property. There are numerous industries in the world of real estate that cater to the notion of recycling and refurbishing materials instead of producing new ones for constructing new properties or improving old ones.
In general, bear in mind that the process of building construction is definitely producing a lot of wastes. Hence, the materials that are recycled and reused must have the ability to reincorporate whatever scraps or wastes are made and remixed or reused it for other building construction purposes.
Another important criterion to consider is to look into the sustainability features of the material and to know if it is truly sustainable from the very moment it was harvested or gained as a raw material up to the time of its eventual disposal.
The material must have very minimal impact to the environment especially in terms of the waste, emission, energy consumption and its capacity to replenish itself in order not to deplete the resources taken from nature due to its production. The energy consumption especially in terms of the harvesting process of the material, its actual processing and the transportation required are all considerable qualities to tag a material that is truly not hazardous to nature.
There are different types of resources which are not recyclable however are still considered sustainable because these primarily have the capacity to highly replenish. Examples of such materials are straw, hay, bamboo, cork, adobe and clay among others. They are tagged with this kind of quality because they can quickly replenish and renew their quantity after they have been harvested. These materials also have low or very minimal rates on emission and are highly deemed for energy conservation.
Hence, if you want to build an eco-friendly and healthier property, you must consider using all natural materials which are sustainable and renewable in nature in every corner and foundation of your home.
Interesting Facts About West End Clay Bricks in Best:
About West End Clay Bricks in Best:
This is a very synonymous trade with construction works, especially the construction of buildings. Most of the modern construction has its structural frame fabricated out of concrete. There are two main types of concrete:
· Mass Concrete: This is usually a 'weak' form of concrete. This means that it does not perform any load bearing duties. It is used in ground floor slabs, platforms or simple bases for light works.
· Structural (reinforced) concrete: This is used to carry loads and is therefore a common part of buildings and other structures like retaining walls. It is usually added strength properties by the use of steel (reinforcement). The specification of concrete is usually dependent on the amount of strength it is supposed to carry.
Concrete is made from a mixture of the following main parts;
· Ballast (Course aggregate): This forms the bulk of concrete parts. It is made from crushed stone and the size of the aggregates determines (partly) the strength and workability of concrete.
· Sand (fine aggregate): This is the second largest part of concrete. In concrete, it fills the gaps in between the course aggregates.
· Cement (binder): This binds together the other parts of concrete and hardens in a chemical process to form a strong mass, shaped to the desired form and size.
The three parts form the main type of concrete, which is usually given as ratio as in the following manner; (1:2:4 - One part Cement, Two parts Sand and Four parts Ballast). The three are mixed with clean water in a specified quantity. Cement reacts with water to form its strength.
Other constituents of concrete include;
· Reinforcement: Usually in the form of steel bars, but also in the form of fibrous material. Gives concrete enhanced strength properties.
· Additives: Chemical compounds added in concrete to give it enhanced characteristics like more flowability and water resistance.
Alongside this, concrete also needs moulds, commonly known as formwork, to give it support as well as shape it in the desired form, for example circular shape in columns. The conventional formwork was made of timber and poles, although this is quickly changing to other materials, mainly steel and aluminium.
Concrete works constitute the following works, which are either carried out by hand, by machine or a combination of both.
· Formwork construction: Depending on the material to be used, this can be purely a carpentry affair or a simple steel assembly. It also includes works like leveling and waterproofing. It also involves removal of formwork after a specified period, for example seven days, a process known as striking.
· Mixing: As earlier discussed. It is either done on site or mixed offsite and delivered in premix trucks.
· Steel Fixing: Where reinforced concrete to be set up, steel bars are usually fabricated and laid into the formwork before concrete is put. This involves works like bending, cutting and binding. This process is usually guided by an engineer's drawing. This is mostly a manual affair.
· Placing: This refers to the act of putting concrete into the formwork. It is in most cases done above the ground level and as such involves either hoisting or dropping. Hoisting is either done manually or mechanically using hoists or concrete pumps.
· Compacting: This is done to make sure that concrete forms a compact mass, thus enhancing its strength. In small scale projects, it is done by hand, but in large projects, it is either done using poker vibrators (hand held or otherwise) or by use of additives to achieve self-compacting concrete.
· Curing refers to the task of allowing proper chemical bonding of cement by hydration (watering). It is usually done for a specified period of time, for example thirty days.
West End Clay Bricks in Best
Prefabricated building materials are used for buildings that are manufactured off site and shipped later to assemble at the final location. Some of the commonly used prefabricated building materials are aluminum, steel, wood, fiberglass and concrete.
Prefabricated metal buildings use galvanized steel and galvalume as the chief materials for building. Galvalume is a form of steel coated with aluminum-zinc. This is to protect the building against corrosion, rust and fire. It also provides a sturdy and protective covering to the prefabricated building. Almost all the components of a metal building such as beams, frames, columns, walls and roofs, are made of steel. Most prefabricated military buildings use steel or aluminum frames. Synthetic materials are used for the walls and roofs. To provide enhanced security, a combination of both metal and cloth materials are used. Plastic flooring materials can be quickly assembled and are very durable.
Prefabricated building materials used for small prefabricated buildings are steel, wood, fiberglass, plastic or aluminum materials. These materials are cheaper than regular brick and concrete buildings. Materials like steel, fiberglass, wood and aluminum are used as prefabricated building materials for sports buildings. These materials provide flexibility and are preferred for making structures and accessories like stands and seats for stadium and gyms.
For making low cost houses, prefabricated materials like straw bale, Ferro cement, Calcium silicate products, composites and other cheap wood based materials are currently being used. Calcium silicate bricks are strong and durable. Ferro cement consists of a cement matrix reinforced with a mesh of closely-spaced iron rods or wires. In this type of construction, the techniques used are simple and quick.
Using prefabricated materials one can make durable, water and fire resistant and cheap prefabricated buildings. Most of the prefabricated building materials are eco-friendly and affordable.
Types of Building Materials
Picking up the right shed building materials is vital when you are building your outdoor storage shed. If you are a DIY person you know how much of planning and work goes behind each creation. But if you dont buy the right shed building materials all your time, energy, money, blood sweat and tears is poured down the toilet if your shed collapses, just because you had used the inferior quality materials by squeezing the last bargain from the hardware store. This article gives you some idea about what you should consider while picking the shed building materials for your outdoor storage shed.
If you are a DIY guy wanting to build your own outdoor storage shed, you will start the process by researching on the shed plans and there are plenty of online resources to pick the shed building plans from. In fact there are many softwares like AutoCad, Coral Draw using which you can make your shed plan by yourself more effectively in the computer.
Many hardware stores also provide you the shed building plans. But when it comes to picking up the materials for your outdoor storage shed how far are you sure that what you are choosing is indeed the best one? Ofcourse the shed plan itself comes up with a list of suggested materials, but there are hundreds of thousands of materials to pick and if you want to have a better deal, and the last thing you want to do is run around to every hardware store like an headless chicken to pick the right shed building materials for your outdoor storage shed.
The item mostly required for building your shed is lumber. You will be mostly using two-by-eights, four-by-fours and two-by-fours along with the specific lumber size mentioned in your shed plan. These lumbers are used to make the skids, beams,joists, rafters and every part of the main frame of your outdoor storage shed. It is very important that you choose the lumber that is pressure treated as it needs to withstand the strains and you don't want it to buckle down in testing times. Pressure-treated lumbers is mostly used in the flooring of the storage shed, as well as layers of the walls because these lumbers are resistant to wear & tear, decay and also insect-repellent. Buying treated plywood for your storage shed floor can be a good idea. Also make a note of the screws, bolts,nails,hammers and the saw - the regular toolkit of a handyman before you plunge in to your shed building activity.
Once you have chalked out the plan for your outdoor storage shed, stick to it. Some shed plans require you to build your entire structure on wooden skids - so that your storage shed is shakier and it becomes easy for you to move it around when the need arises. If the portability of your outdoor storage shed is not an issue, you can have the foundation of your shed either made of wood or concrete. You can use wood if your area is not damp enough but then it would require maintenance. On the other hand concrete can be used when your area gets wets quite often and the foundation will be fixed. You can also use cable tie-downs for the foundations as well. Thus you see that each component of your shed needs a specific requirement to be addressed and so you have to pick the shed building material which not only addresses the issue but also is well within your budget.
- Dryer Sheets South Africa Best
- Plug Wires South Africa Top
- Builders Warehouse Polokwane Contact Best
- Blue Hole Port Elizabeth Top
- Private Rentals In Roodepoort Best
- The Towel Warehouse Johannesburg Best
- Cyber Monday South Africa Best
- Alberton Steel And Pipe Top
- Build It Catalogue 2019 Best
- Centurion D5 Evo Price Top
- South African Cabinet 2019 Best
- Games Workshop South Africa Top
- No Water In Randburg Top
- Leroy Merlin Little Falls Top
- Dstv Eye Not Working Top
- Weather Forecast Johannesburg Saturday Top
- Solar Blinds Cape Town Top
- Wall Plugs South Africa Best
- Jojo Water Pump Kit Top
West End Clay Bricks Top