If you are someone preparing to build a new house in a hurricane prone region,Buy Succulents Online South Africa in Top you may wonder what construction material is the best for a hurricane proof house? When we ask that question we are typically referring to the frame (skeleton) of the home. The decision of what material to use on the frame a home is important, and there are several factors that go into that decision. Those factors include material cost, performance, and ease of construction. For those of us living in a coastal area, the material performance is of particular importance,Shade Netting Manufacturers South Africa but the other factors must be examined as well. This article compares two construction materials to build a house in a hurricane prone area. The majority of people will assume that wood is the only choice for residential construction, but I would encourage you to at least weigh the benefits of a concrete or other solution.
When we speak of wood construction, we are referring primarily of conventional wood construction using dimensional lumber and plywood. The frame is built with studs, rafters and joists. Conventional wood construction is either done on site (stick built) or partially in a shop (prefabricated). Examples of prefabricated wood construction includes wood trusses or modular homes built in the shop and delivered to a job site. The modular home industry is growing, and is even marketing itself to the high end housing markets. Other methods of constructing with wood include heavy timber framing, and structural insulated panels.
The biggest benefit to wood construction is its relative cost. Houses can typically be built less expensively with wood than with other material options. This is the primary reason that wood construction is so prevalent. Wood has been around for years, and has proved itself to be a viable building material to withstand the weather. Like any building material, however, when not constructed or designed properly, wood has come up short in the face of Hurricanes. So, it is possible to build a house to withstand hurricane force winds, but some measures should be taken to ensure that it is designed and built properly. An employer once told me that the most important thing to look for when designing with wood was the connections. Connections are king when it comes to wood, so pay special attention to this area. Most building departments require that some engineering be done to ensure that the connections, and other critical items, be evaluated before a permit is issued for the house.
When it comes to performance, there are many benefits to building a house with concrete. Concrete is strong, resistant to fire, decay, termites, and mold. This material is truly sustainable, and that includes sustaining a hurricane. This of course, assumes that the material is designed and installed properly. Concrete construction can be built using either forms, or by using preformed units (aka masonry or blocks).
The most basic method of installing concrete is to build plywood forms, and then pour the concrete walls and floors, which rest on a concrete foundation. The steel reinforcing is placed within the formwork prior to pouring the concrete. Forming the concrete can be labor intensive, and hence cost prohibitive. Insulated Concrete Forms, or ICF are one solution that have been developed to make concrete a more viable option for residential construction. The forms consist of Styrofoam, which is lighter and easier to erect than the plywood forms. Concrete masonry units (CMU) construction, consists of preformed hollow blocks of concrete that are stacked in place, filled with steel reinforcement and then grouted on-site. CMU is also commonly, and incorrectly, referred to as cinder blocks. This method is a widely accepted method in Florida for hurricane proof construction due to its reasonable cost versus the strength that the material provides.
A slight deviation from CMU is AAC, which stands for Aerated Autoclaved Concrete. AAC is a lightweight aerated concrete that is also preformed in standard size blocks, that can be stacked in place, and then filled with steel reinforcement and grouted on-site. AAC is a building material that is relatively new in the US. AAC is gaining popularity because it is lightweight, energy efficient, and is relatively simple to cut and install. I have seen details from the suppliers showing threaded rod systems used inside the blocks, but I would not recommend this practice. Rebar designed to work with concrete should be used inside of the AAC units, and not threaded rods.
I believe that concrete, whether it be formed-in-place concrete or concrete masonry, has inherit strength benefits that will naturally resist hurricane force winds. In addition a concrete option will bring other benefits such as resistance to mold, fire, and termites, as well as energy efficiency. Any of these concrete options will likely be slightly more expensive than wood when evaluated based on initial cost. That being said, it should be noted that the cost over the life of the Stainless Steel Wash Trough South Africa, in addition to the up front cost should be considered. For example, a wood home typically costs more to insure than a concrete home. In addition, some states have tax deductions for using energy efficient materials such as AAC. Finally, you must place some value on the higher risk of a wooden home possibly not doing as well in a hurricane as a concrete home.
In making your decision of what material to use to build your hurricane proof home, you will likely compare cost, performance, and other factors. Do not merely assume that what everyone around you is doing will be sufficient for your home. Be aware that there are options to choose from, and it is important to consider which option is the best for your house and your preferences. Finally remember that price is important, but building a house improperly can cost you later.
Buy Succulents Online South Africa in Top?
We build homes to protect us. However, our homes will not be able to protect us if it is not built for the kind of location and climate we have. This is why it is essential to take note of the different influencing factors. One of the most important factors is the climate. Remember, not all climates are different. Seasons changes and our home need to adapt to those changes as well. If our home fails to do that, then it will be very uncomfortable for us and for our family as well.
In order to build a good home, we need to choose the type of material we will use. There are different materials for different climates. However, if you are not a builder, then it will be difficult to make the right choices. You can check your local stores and ask store assistants to help you. You can check what is available. Most materials sold in local stores are useful in the kind of climate you have. However, you still have to be certain.
Not all materials are the same. Although they are of the same kind, there are subtypes that are more suitable for you. You can ask your contractor to help you make the comparison. Make sure you pick those that fit the different seasons in your location.
The most important thing when looking for a material for your home is its insulation property. This is essential because insulation is needed whether it is warm or cold. Some materials have good insulation properties. This includes the stone. However, not all stones have similar properties. Some are better than the others. Consult a stonemason to help you identify the best type of stone for your home.
Another material that provides good insulation is the concrete. It is normally used on floors, roofs and walls.
If you need something for the frames of your window and door, you can use timber. Just like stones, this also have various types. Find the timber that best suits your needs.
You may also want to use glass. However, it does not provide good insulation. However, there are different remedies for it as it is used in windows most of the time. Some use two or three panes to improve insulation, you can also use drapes and blinds. Glass is a favorite of many because it allows them to enjoy the view outside their homes.
You may also use plastic for insulation. This is normally added in roofs and attics. It also insulates other areas of the house.
Another material common to homes is metal. Some of the usual metals used are the aluminum, copper and steel. These are normally used to support the different parts of the property.
If you wish to build a home, you need to be careful with picking the right materials. The materials have to fit the kind of climate the location has. One element that you should look carefully into is its insulating properties. Bear in mind that insulation is needed to be able to cool and warm your home effectively. This is very helpful during any type of weather.
Material Trends in Exhibition Stand Design
This is a very synonymous trade with construction works, especially the construction of buildings. Most of the modern construction has its structural frame fabricated out of concrete. There are two main types of concrete:
· Mass Concrete: This is usually a 'weak' form of concrete. This means that it does not perform any load bearing duties. It is used in ground floor slabs, platforms or simple bases for light works.
· Structural (reinforced) concrete: This is used to carry loads and is therefore a common part of buildings and other structures like retaining walls. It is usually added strength properties by the use of steel (reinforcement). The specification of concrete is usually dependent on the amount of strength it is supposed to carry.
Concrete is made from a mixture of the following main parts;
· Ballast (Course aggregate): This forms the bulk of concrete parts. It is made from crushed stone and the size of the aggregates determines (partly) the strength and workability of concrete.
· Sand (fine aggregate): This is the second largest part of concrete. In concrete, it fills the gaps in between the course aggregates.
· Cement (binder): This binds together the other parts of concrete and hardens in a chemical process to form a strong mass, shaped to the desired form and size.
The three parts form the main type of concrete, which is usually given as ratio as in the following manner; (1:2:4 - One part Cement, Two parts Sand and Four parts Ballast). The three are mixed with clean water in a specified quantity. Cement reacts with water to form its strength.
Other constituents of concrete include;
· Reinforcement: Usually in the form of steel bars, but also in the form of fibrous material. Gives concrete enhanced strength properties.
· Additives: Chemical compounds added in concrete to give it enhanced characteristics like more flowability and water resistance.
Alongside this, concrete also needs moulds, commonly known as formwork, to give it support as well as shape it in the desired form, for example circular shape in columns. The conventional formwork was made of timber and poles, although this is quickly changing to other materials, mainly steel and aluminium.
Concrete works constitute the following works, which are either carried out by hand, by machine or a combination of both.
· Formwork construction: Depending on the material to be used, this can be purely a carpentry affair or a simple steel assembly. It also includes works like leveling and waterproofing. It also involves removal of formwork after a specified period, for example seven days, a process known as striking.
· Mixing: As earlier discussed. It is either done on site or mixed offsite and delivered in premix trucks.
· Steel Fixing: Where reinforced concrete to be set up, steel bars are usually fabricated and laid into the formwork before concrete is put. This involves works like bending, cutting and binding. This process is usually guided by an engineer's drawing. This is mostly a manual affair.
· Placing: This refers to the act of putting concrete into the formwork. It is in most cases done above the ground level and as such involves either hoisting or dropping. Hoisting is either done manually or mechanically using hoists or concrete pumps.
· Compacting: This is done to make sure that concrete forms a compact mass, thus enhancing its strength. In small scale projects, it is done by hand, but in large projects, it is either done using poker vibrators (hand held or otherwise) or by use of additives to achieve self-compacting concrete.
· Curing refers to the task of allowing proper chemical bonding of cement by hydration (watering). It is usually done for a specified period of time, for example thirty days.
Buy Succulents Online South Africa Top