The View From Here

post1

From the 4th floor of our hotel.

Hello friend. It’s been so long since we last talked. And so much has happened in between. Some sad news. We lost our boy, Skylar. And now both our babes are gone.

If you’ve ever been unconditionally loved by an animal you probably know how deeply this hurts. Losing both our fur babies after sharing 17 amazing years with them has been so much harder on me than I could have ever prepared myself for. Coming home is proving to be the hardest, knowing there’s no one there waiting to greet me at the door.

post2

Also, we have been living out of a hotel for the last four months. We had a drain pipe break inside our walls, which flooded both our master bathroom and guest bathroom, master bedroom and kitchen. Between the mold and asbestos, and my killer allergies, we were not able to stay in our home until everything had been resolved. Nothing like two completely unplanned bathroom remodels!

This is our master bathroom, shortly after it was gutted, stripped down to the studs from counter height below…

post3

On a lighter note, during the four month stay at our hotel, we were humored by the fact that Angelyne was also a resident at our hotel. Anyone that lived in Southern California during the 80’s might recall the Angelyne billboards scattered all over Los Angeles. And if you’re curious, yes, she still has the hot pink corvette, the blonde hair and miniskirt, the whole deal.

In my next post I’ll share our bathroom remodels, what a journey it’s been!

greenapple

Stuck in a design rut and not sure what to do? Please check out my design servicesI’d love to help you create your own dream space!

Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites…

facebook-300-n433323323344googleplus-300-n533323323344pinterest-300-n533323323344instagram-300533323323344rss-300-n533323323344linkedin-300-n533323323344twitter-300-n533323323344
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 Responses to The View From Here

1. Jennifer I am a new follower and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost a furry friend on Christmas Eve last and it was so sad, but I feel his spirit with us often so they are not to far away. Just talk to him and tell him hi.Hugs, Jo

2. antiquechase says:

Jenny {from the block},
    I am so sorry to hear about Skylar. I know the feeling of loosing a treasured pet. I did not know you were at a hotel. You poor thing. I can’t seem to get your photos to load in this post but will check again later. I would love to see you sometime soon. Not sure of your schedule but would love to have you over for tea/coffee. Marcy

3. MATTIE says:

I am soooo sorry for your lose .I have 3 pets myself that were “replacement” pets after losing two of my babies back to back and ppl felt the need to resupply me .sometimes not a good thing .but it did help to move on faster ,as I am known for taking off work and whaling and nashing of teeth ,after losing such important part of you .some may not understand that ,but I certainly do. i hope you heal soon .and so sorry for your damage .it has been one crazy winter for us all ,I am afraid it is not over yet ,as we in Nasville tenn are getting our 3-4 round of it tonight and tomorrow .many thoughts and prayers with you and your family @ this time .

4. Susan says:

My heart goes out to you Jennifer. As a dog lover (cat and horses too) I can completely understand. I wish I was there to give you a hug. On top of losing your beloved babies, your lovely home was damaged too. Sometimes things just hit us hard all at once and there are no adequate words that can give you comfort. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

5. Donna says:

Hi Jennifer, I have been following your blog for years now. I am so sorry to hear about Skylar. Also, sorry to hear about your recent “flood” in your home. Hang in there!!
    Also, I was not able to see your pictures for this recent post either.
    Sending hugs your way

6. Debbie says:

So sorry to hear of your heartbreak. It is much more difficult than we could ever imagine to lose a beloved pet. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

7. Sandy says:

So very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Skylar. it hurts so much to lose a beloved furry family member. You’ve sure had your challenges these past few,months with your house. Hope the rest of this year holds beautiful promise and happiness for you.

8. Rachel says:

So sorry for your loss. Nothing seems to prepare us for it and I don’t know why. Broken pipes, gutted house, living a hotel are minor distractions compared with losing a beloved pet.

9. MJ Smith says:

Hi Jennifer – So very sorry to hear about losing Skylar! That is such a long time to have your fur babies! But know that they had a great life with you as their caregiver! I’m also sorry to hear about your house floor. Praying for you as you deal with everything and hope to see you back in your home very, very soon! Hugs to you!

10. Violet from Alabama says:

So sorry to hear about your beloved Skylar & the sadness I know you feel. I have checked from time to time for updates & was hoping all was well with you, sorry about your home, but now I’m looking forward to your remodel as I’m sure it will turn out fab with your unique & wonderful ideas! Last, but certainly not least, no, I had not heard of Angelyne but I went straight to Google & now I can’t get the images to go away!!! LOL, I bet that has been very interesting! Thanks so much for sharing.

11. Kimberly says:

Hi Jennifer, so sorry to hear about the loss of Skylar! It doesn’t seem that long ago that your little girl cat went to the Rainbow Bridge. Take comfort in knowing they are both together again. I’ve got three felines, one of my little old lady cats will turn 17 in September, and my other one turns 16 in a couple weeks – she has kidney failure and high blood pressure, so must be medicated daily. She is such a good sport about it! I don’t know how much longer I will have her, and am trying everything to reasonably prolong her life. She’s in very good stable condition right now, and I hope to keep her there for a good long time. My youngest cat just turned 5 so I expect to have her around for a long while.

Goodness, the broken pipe sounds like it did a lot of damage to your home! Very sorry to hear that. I’m hoping you are able to replace and redesign to your liking, and am looking forward to seeing your progress.

And OMG, yes I remember Angelyne! What exactly was her deal, anyhow? I could never figure out what exactly she *WAS*! I don’t recall seeing her act or model in anything, but then again I was a kid and whatever she might have “acted” or “modeled” in probably would not be appropriate viewing for my age group! She was like a precursor to the Kardashians, famous for really no good reason other than showing off her probably surgically enhanced *everything* in skimpy clothing. ETA: Ok, I just Wikipedia’d her. She apparently is/was an actress/model/singer, and also an artist. Ha, aren’t we all? LOL! Anyhow, apparently she’s had successful art shows. Who’da thunk it?

Good luck with the home remodeling!

12. rue says:

I’m so sorry that you lost both your babies and had to deal with all the trouble you’ve had, Jennifer. That’s way too much for someone’s plate and my heart goes out to you.

I’m glad to hear an update though. When I started blogging again, you were one of the first people I looked up to say ‘hi again’ and I thought you were gone. It’s been awhile, so I don’t know if you remember me, but I missed you.

I hope things get better for you soon. (((hugs)))

xo,
    rue

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: